Kitty Hawk Technologies is a fast growing service and technology innovator that assists in delivering lean and effective solutions to our customers. We work alongside our Government Partners in developing innovative technology to support some of our nation’s most important defense initiatives.
Kitty Hawk employees work closely with our customers to develop solutions that support national engineering and security missions. The ideal candidate will support our team in providing program support to the Department of Defense (DoD). In addition to receiving a competitive salary and health benefits, the Systems Engineer (Interoperability) will join a motivated, supportive, talented, and technically accomplished team. Kitty Hawk Technologies also offers a flexible work environment and culture where contributions are recognized and rewarded.
Candidates must be results oriented and have the ability to work in a well-organized, logical and systematic manner. They will set clear objectives, monitor progress, take corrective action and control performance levels to maintain high internal customer satisfaction. They will also possess deep insight into customer requirements and will maintain the ability to ethically influence those requirements. They will have the ability to clearly define and clearly articulate compelling solutions and will require an ability to quickly assimilate and apply complex technical information.
The Systems Engineer (Interoperability) role requires candidates to have ten (10) or more years of experience supporting Aegis Command and Control systems.
Additional Requirements & Qualifications
– Active Secret DoD clearance is required – U.S. Citizenship is required
– Proven track record in systems engineering and interoperability
– Strong understanding of C4I systems and their integration
– Experience in collecting, validating, and translating user requirements into technical solutions
– Familiarity with risk management practices
– Excellent communication and teamwork skills
– Proficient with MS Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
– Must be a quick learner who adapts easily to frequently changing requirements and thrives in an exciting environment
– In-depth knowledge of Naval Surface Warfare programs and architectures
– Active TS/SCI or active Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility
– Bachelor’s degree in an engineering, scientific, or related technical discipline
– Modeling and simulation experience
– Ability to exercise independent judgment and work autonomously with minimal supervision
– Strong written and oral communication skills, the ability and willingness to multi-task, and capable of professionally addressing client questions and issues
Responsibilities in this position include, but are not limited to:
– Leverage your 10+ years of experience in Aegis Command and Control systems to provide subject matter expertise and guidance.
– Perform technical assessments of future C4I solutions to ensure they meet evolving sponsor and user test needs.
– Engineer solutions for integrating interoperability components with the Virtualized Aegis Weapon System.
– Participate in interoperability Integrated Product Teams to gather future hardware and software requirements, as well as user test schedules.
– Collect and validate user requirement definitions and exercise planning, including link connectivity and diagrams.
– Ensure technical rigor is followed across all interoperability projects through the submission of Change Requests and participation in Configuration Change Boards.
– Identify and manage risks associated with interoperability projects and evaluate success against predefined criteria.
– Work closely with the Senior Engineering and Execution Lead to align with Division and Department priorities and goals.
– Works independently with minimal supervision/oversight in a team environment.
– Must be committed to working on-site at the Kitty Hawk Technologies office or government customer facility. Flexible work arrangement may be available as dictated by customer support requirements.
– Some travel may be required dependent on contract requirements
If you are a motivated individual with a passion for supporting complex systems and have the required skills, we encourage you to apply. We offer competitive compensation packages, opportunities for professional growth, and a collaborative work environment.