Kitty Hawk Technologies is a fast growing service and technology innovator that assists in delivering lean and effective solutions to our customers. We work alongside our Government Partners in developing innovative technology to support some of our nation’s most important defense initiatives.
Kitty Hawk employees work closely with our customers to develop solutions that support national engineering and security missions. The ideal candidate will support our team in providing program support to the Department of Defense (DoD). In addition to receiving a competitive salary and health benefits, the Senior Mission Engineer will join a motivated, supportive, talented, and technically accomplished team. Kitty Hawk Technologies also offers a flexible work environment and culture where contributions are recognized and rewarded.
Candidates must be results oriented and have the ability to work in a well-organized, logical and systematic manner. They will set clear objectives, monitor progress, take corrective action and control performance levels to maintain high internal customer satisfaction. They will also possess deep insight into customer requirements and will maintain the ability to ethically influence those requirements. They will have the ability to clearly define and clearly articulate compelling solutions and will require an ability to quickly assimilate and apply complex technical information.
The Senior Mission Engineer role requires candidates to have ten (10) or more years of experience with engineering and systems engineering applied to Navy/Joint warfighting systems and operations.
Additional Requirements & Qualifications
– Seven (7) years of specialized experience with emphasis in one or more of the following:
- Combat Systems Cyber Security
- Ships Self Defense System
- Littoral Combat Ship (LCS) class frigate
- Aegis Integrated Combat Systems
- DDG-1000 Zumwalt class destroyer
- Aegis Ballistic Missile Defense
- Weapon/Combat Systems Experience
– Proven experience in the development/validation of CONOPS, CONEMPS, and TTPs in support of weapons systems capability and integration.
– General Surface Navy Combat Systems operational experience includes experience on board U.S. Navy ships with combat system sensors, command and control systems, weapons, navigation systems, or communication systems.
– Active Top Secret (TS) clearance with eligibility for SCI or active TS/SCI is required – U.S. Citizenship is required.
– Ability to research, analyze, and evaluate information.
– Effective oral and written communication skills. Proficient with MS Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
– Must be a quick learner who adapts easily to frequently changing requirements and thrives in an exciting environment.
– Strong written and oral communication skills, the ability and willingness to multi-task, and capable of professionally addressing client questions and issues
– Bachelor’s degree in engineering, scientific, or related technical discipline.
– Experience providing providing programmatic support to strategic customers such as:
- Navy Warfare Development Command (NWDC)
- Concepts of Operations (CONOPS)
- Office of the Chief of Naval Operations (OPNAV) requirements development
- Strategic Capabilities Office initiatives
- Naval Capability Based Assessment Integrated Process (NCIP)
- Warfare Capability Baseline (WCB)
- Long Range Networked Fires Office (N9DW)
– Ability to effectively contribute on teams developing rigorous analytic solutions
– Exercise independent judgment and work autonomously with minimal supervision
Responsibilities in this position include, but are not limited to:
– Perform research and analysis up to the TS/SCI level.
– Provide Subject Matter Expert support in development and documentation of operational scenarios based on Fleet CONOPS and warfighter input, Commander’s intent, Blue laydown and tactics, C2, operational conditions, threat, information exchanges, and measures of effectiveness/performance.
– Operational support to specified exercises, experimentation and directed technical efforts.
– Provide subject matter expertise on current and future capabilities.
– Analyze, manage, and support advanced systems studies.
– Analyze science and technology capability life-cycles and transition of capability.
– Collect, complete, organize and interpret technical data and information
– Develop and analyze exercise/experimentation project status, schedules, and milestones.
– Draft, review, and organize experimentation initiative development.
– Coordinate and facilitate exercise meetings and reviews.
– Prepare briefing materials for leadership.
– Represent leadership at various meetings and provide feedback and recommendations, as required.
– Assist in coordinating Naval Fires capability development across NAVSEA/NAVAIR program offices.
– Must be committed to working on-site at the Kitty Hawk Technologies office or government customer facility. Flexible work arrangement may be available as dictated by customer support requirements.
– Some travel may be required for this position.