Kitty Hawk Technologies is a fast growing service and technology innovator that assists in delivering lean and effective solutions to our customers. We work alongside our Government Partners in developing innovative technology to support some of our nation’s most important defense initiatives.
Kitty Hawk employees work closely with our customers to develop solutions that support national engineering and security missions. The ideal candidate will support our team in providing program support to the Department of Defense (DoD). In addition to receiving a competitive salary and health benefits, the Model Based Systems Engineer/Mission Architect will join a motivated, supportive, talented, and technically accomplished team. Kitty Hawk Technologies also offers a flexible work environment and culture where contributions are recognized and rewarded.
Candidates must be results oriented and have the ability to work in a well-organized, logical and systematic manner. They will set clear objectives, monitor progress, take corrective action and control performance levels to maintain high internal customer satisfaction. They will also possess deep insight into customer requirements and will maintain the ability to ethically influence those requirements. They will have the ability to clearly define and clearly articulate compelling solutions and will require an ability to quickly assimilate and apply complex technical information.
The Model Based Systems Engineer/Mission Architect role requires candidates to have five (5) or more years of experience supporting Engineering Services.
Additional Requirements & Qualifications
– Bachelor’s degree in an engineering, scientific, or related technical discipline
– Ability to obtain and maintain a SECRET DoD clearance is a must – U.S. Citizenship is required
– Experience with industry- standard architecture and modeling languages (UML, SysML) and frameworks (DoDAF, UAF)
– Knowledge in an industry standard architecture tool(e.g., Cameo Systems Modeler, Rhapsody, Rationale System Architect)
– Effective oral and written communication skills. Proficient with MS Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
– Must be a quick learner who adapts easily to frequently changing requirements and thrives in an exciting environment
– Experience with Cameo Systems Modeler
– Experience with integrating 3rd party applications with SySML
– Experience with MATLAB
– Experience with Teamwork Cloud
– Experience of integrating technologies into operational- level architectures
– Experience working alongside operational forces
– Knowledge of Naval Surface Warfare programs and architectures
– Exercise independent judgment and work autonomously with minimal supervision
– Strong written and oral communication skills, the ability and willingness to multi-task, and capable of professionally addressing client questions and issues
Responsibilities in this position include, but are not limited to:
– Works as part of a team to support a project in developing system architectures (physical and functional), capturing system requirements, and building an executable model along with integration of performance models using the SysML language and Cameo Systems Modeler toolset
– Develops model parameters necessary to ensure models capture system architecture and are executable (branch logic, decision points, etc.) to support predictive and performance analysis
– Translates existing LML activity diagrams into SysML and ensures they are executable
– Integrates performance/physics models from MATLAB into existing executable SysML model
– Refine system model using test results to further mature predictive analysis capabilities
– Adheres to existing project SysML style guidance
– Participates in recurring Technical Exchange Meetings to align model development with project milestones and requirements
– Prepares technical presentations, briefings, and papers to address model development status
– Ability to work independently with minimal supervision/oversight in a team environment
– Some travel may be required dependent on contract requirements
If you are a motivated individual with a passion for modeling complex systems and have the required skills, we encourage you to apply. We offer competitive compensation packages, opportunities for professional growth, and a collaborative work environment.