Kitty Hawk Technologies is a fast growing service and technology innovator that assists in delivering lean and effective solutions to our customers. We work alongside our Government Partners in developing innovative technology to support some of our nation’s most important defense initiatives.
Kitty Hawk employees work closely with our customers to develop solutions that support national engineering and security missions. The ideal candidate will support our team in providing program support to the Department of Defense (DoD). In addition to receiving a competitive salary and health benefits, the Data Engineer will join a motivated, supportive, talented, and technically accomplished team. Kitty Hawk Technologies also offers a flexible work environment and culture where contributions are recognized and rewarded.
Candidates must be results oriented and have the ability to work in a well-organized, logical and systematic manner. They will set clear objectives, monitor progress, take corrective action and control performance levels to maintain high internal customer satisfaction. They will also possess deep insight into customer requirements and will maintain the ability to ethically influence those requirements. They will have the ability to clearly define and clearly articulate compelling solutions and will require an ability to quickly assimilate and apply complex technical information.
The Data Engineer role requires candidates to have five (5) or more years of experience in data management and analysis as applied to Department of Defense systems.
Additional Requirements & Qualifications
– Bachelor’s degree in an engineering, scientific, or related technical discipline
– Ability to obtain and maintain a SECRET DoD clearance is a must, may be required to get Top Secret clearance – U.S. Citizenship is required.
– Effective oral and written communication skills. Proficient with MS Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
– Ability to research, analyze, and evaluate information.
– Must be a quick learner who adapts easily to frequently changing requirements and thrives in an exciting environment.
-Perform extraction, transformation, and loading (ETL) of data from disparate data sources
– Perform complex SQL queries and joins on a daily basis to meet regular and ad hoc data
– Knowledge of Naval Surface Warfare programs
– Effectively contribute on teams developing rigorous analytic solutions
– Exercise independent judgment and work autonomously with minimal supervision
– Strong written and oral communication skills, the ability and willingness to multi-task, and capable of professionally addressing client questions and issues
– Knowledge of tools like Jira and Cameo
Responsibilities in this position include, but are not limited to:
– Build off of existing ontology by mapping relationships between fields from different databases, generating a new ontology based on the datasets that are pulled in, and generating a consolidated set of data files to run in simulations.
– Translate disparate data standards into common language
– Document all processes, sources, that will be reviewed
– Coordinate needed software development as well as other Subject Matter Expert support through the Data Working Group Lead.
– Provide data in a format that can be ingested and utilized by both the IMOM and Analysis Tools.
– Provide data packages that include RCS, System, Technique, and Target data as well as documentation on the pedigree (source) and classification of the data.
– Merge exported data from the available sources into a single consistent representation.
– Provide documentation on the Ontological Process
– Provide documentation on methodologies, tools and databases used to create the data.
– Provide documentation on decisions made to de-conflict data.
– Process, ontology, and data format inputs that can be ingested or created in Cameo.
– Support technical exchanges and briefs as necessary for those reviews as well as adjudication and update of data, documentation, and ontology as a result of review adjudications.
– Attend and provide input to various meetings with various data point of contacts or project review briefs as requested by the Data Working Group lead.
– Produce a joint ontology and recommendations to service standards based on the ingested data sources.
– Define tasks and dependencies leading up to product delivery to determine interim product due dates and track progress towards deliveries.
– Update the status of tasks in Jira as they are pulled for work, when they are completed and ready for review.
– Must be committed to working on-site at the Kitty Hawk Technologies office or government customer facility. Flexible work arrangement may be available as dictated by customer support requirements.
– Travel is required for this position.
If you are a motivated individual with a passion for modeling complex systems and have the required skills, we encourage you to apply. We offer competitive compensation packages, opportunities for professional growth, and a collaborative work environment.