Kitty Hawk Technologies is a fast growing service and technology innovator that assists in delivering lean and effective solutions to our customers. We work alongside our Government Partners in developing innovative technology to support some of our nation’s most important defense initiatives.
Kitty Hawk employees work closely with our customers to develop solutions that support national engineering and security missions. The ideal candidate will support our team in providing program support to the Department of Defense (DoD). In addition to receiving a competitive salary and health benefits, the Aerospace (Missile) Engineer will join a motivated, supportive, talented, and technically accomplished team. Kitty Hawk Technologies also offers a flexible work environment and culture where contributions are recognized and rewarded.
Candidates must be results oriented and have the ability to work in a well-organized, logical and systematic manner. They will set clear objectives, monitor progress, take corrective action and control performance levels to maintain high internal customer satisfaction. They will also possess deep insight into customer requirements and will maintain the ability to ethically influence those requirements. They will have the ability to clearly define and clearly articulate compelling solutions and will require an ability to quickly assimilate and apply complex technical information.
The Aerospace (Missile) Engineer role requires candidates to have five (5) or more years of hands on experience in anti-ship missile 6DoF models and simulations.
Additional Requirements & Qualifications
– Hands on experience in Matlab/Simulink and Object-Oriented C++
– Ability to develop and document systems: M&S products and hardware, per high level requirements
– Apply the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the system development life cycle
– Should be a self-starter; with minimal to no oversight needed to complete assignments
– Must have the capability to work in a dynamic work atmosphere where there is a need to be cooperative with a diverse team of different skillsets
– Must be able to manage their time wisely, as they are equired to complete the assigned projects within the given time
– Must be a quick learner who adapts easily to frequently changing requirements and thrives in an exciting environment.
– Bachelors degree or higher in Electrical Engineering or related degrees
– Experience implementing Advanced Architectures for LabVIEW, Certified TestStand Architect, or equivalent
– Proficient in Object Orientated Software Design
– Microsoft VISIO, Excel, Project, PowerPoint skills
– Experience with MIL-STD-1553, and serial interfaces.
– Experience with Agile Development, Jira, and Gitlab
– In depth knowledge of requirements management lifecycle including derivation, trace, compliance and verification.
– Experience with defense system development and design, preferably missiles and ground systems.
– Active TS/SCI or active Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility.
Responsibilities in this position include, but are not limited to:
– Candidate will be an Aerospace Engineer who will be supporting detailed design of an anti-ship missile test target and the associated modeling and simulation (M&S) products.
– Candidates should be skilled in anti-ship missile design, complex 6 DoF missile models and simulations using Matlab/Simulink and Object-Oriented C++. Applicants should be familiar with specifications requirements. Applicants will need to work with customers, test target manufacturers and testers, and systems engineers to develop, derive, and validate requirements.
– Candidates should be able to write technical design description documents, test plans, and analysis reports. The candidate will provide support for peer reviews and milestone design reviews. Candidate provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with organizational objectives.
– Candidate is expected to work under only general direction. This role will be required to work to the assigned tasks as laid out in the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) within constraints defined by the Program Manager. This role is expected to provide timely and frequent communication on progress and significant issues to the Program Manager and other Program and Functional Stakeholders to prevent surprises.
– Candidate will be required to work with cross functional teams and organizations – Systems Engineering, Test Vehicle developer, Test Facilities, the Intelligence Community, and the government to ensure the system design is in-line with Enterprise standards and to ensure the system meets requirements.
– Must be committed to working on-site at the Kitty Hawk Technologies office or government customer facility. Flexible work arrangement may be available as dictated by customer support requirements.
– Occasional travel will be required to production facilities and customer facilities.