Kitty Hawk Technologies, a growing service and technology innovator, is seeking talented and motivated professionals to deliver lean and effective solutions to our government partners. We have an immediate opening for a Sr. Systems Engineer to join our team in Dahlgren, VA. The Sr. Systems Engineer will have seven (7) or more years of experience in support of Engineering Support Services and will provide support for a contingent contract supporting software development and technology innovation support for NSWCDD, providing technical and engineering expertise ranging across research and development, Engineering, Test Planning, Test Engineering, Modeling and Simulation and Software Development.
Responsibilities in this position include, but are not limited to,
- Provide requirements derivation based upon fleet training needs and decomposition of training curricula in support of virtual and physical environment for simulation training environments.
- Design studies and evaluations associated with research, development, production, and operations.
- Review, comment, and provide technical advice to the on technical documentation submissions
- Provide the engineering and technical support and advisement regarding problem definition, analysis, prototyping, requirement development, and implementation for software and hardware in the engineering discipline required to meet software and hardware technical requirements.
- Provide assessments and recommendations on system development, improvements, optimization, or support efforts.
- Perform risk assessments and analysis employing software techniques.
- Support the identification, tracking, and resolution of systems engineering issues related to technical interfaces, technology insertion/design improvements, and other program initiatives.
- Prepare technical presentations, briefings, reports, and papers to address program management issues in such venues as technical design reviews, technical review boards, and others.
- Work with applicable Government team leads to facilitate the resolution of technical issues. Facilitate timely decisions and review and adjudication of all design products and written correspondence.
- Identify risks and develop mitigation plans for identified cost, schedule, and technical issues.
- Provide technical reports on significant issues and actions.
- Support transition of research and developmental efforts into production, and management of technical activities.
- Support research and development objective utilizing a full understanding of multiple engineering disciplines for topics across software and hardware.
- Provide recommendations for procedures or modifications to procedures to solve complex problems considering software and system capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results.
- Conduct assessments and make recommendations for software design, testing, and documentation utilizing a full knowledge of all phases of research application, analysis, and programming and research analysis techniques.
- Support all configuration management planning. Describe provisions for configuration identification, change control, configuration status accounting, and configuration audits.
- Provide IA support.
Required Education & Qualifications
- A bachelor's degree in an engineering field and at least seven (7) years of professional experience, OR A master's degree in an engineering field and at least five (5) years of professional experience
- The ability to obtain and maintain a SECRET DoD clearance is a must - U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Effective oral and written communication skills. Proficient with MS Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must be a quick learner who adapts easily to frequently changing requirements and thrives in an exciting environment.
- Effectively contribute on teams developing rigorous analytic solutions to top-level Navy training issues
- Exercise independent judgment and work autonomously with minimal supervision
- Strong written and oral communication skills, the ability and willingness to multi-task, and capable of professionally addressing client questions and issues
- Experience with MBSE and Agile Software development
- Experience with working in a Research, Development, Testing, and Evaluation (RDT&E) environment