Kitty Hawk Technologies is a fast growing service and technology innovator that assists in delivering lean and effective solutions to our customers. We work alongside our Government Partners in developing innovative technology to support some of our nation’s most important defense initiatives.
Kitty Hawk employees work closely with our customers to develop solutions that support national engineering and security missions. The ideal candidate will support our team in providing program support to the Department of Defense (DoD). In addition to receiving a competitive salary and health benefits, the Sr. Systems Engineer (ACNT) will join a motivated, supportive, talented, and technically accomplished team. Kitty Hawk Technologies also offers a flexible work environment and culture where contributions are recognized and rewarded.
Candidates must be results oriented and have the ability to work in a well-organized, logical and systematic manner. They will set clear objectives, monitor progress, take corrective action and control performance levels to maintain high internal customer satisfaction. They will also possess deep insight into customer requirements and will maintain the ability to ethically influence those requirements. They will have the ability to clearly define and clearly articulate compelling solutions and will require an ability to quickly assimilate and apply complex technical information.
The Sr. Systems Engineer (ACNT) role requires candidates to have at least eight (8) or more years of experience in the design, integration, operation and/or maintenance of complex U.S. Combat Systems.
Additional Requirements & Qualifications
– Eight (8) years’ experience as an Aegis Computer Network Technician (ACNT).
– Ability to obtain and maintain a SECRET DoD clearance is a must – U.S. Citizenship is required.
– Experience in the analysis of proposed changes on operators and maintainers to properly perform their duties.
– Experience in reading design documents, evaluating high level interface block diagrams, evaluating commercial equipment, part task trainer emulations and simulations for applicability to create flexible and cost effective training and readiness capabilities.
– Demonstrated experience in designing and developing solutions to problems which enhance user functionality.
– Effective oral and written communication skills. Proficient with MS Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
– Must be a quick learner who adapts easily to frequently changing requirements
– Ability to effectively contribute on teams developing rigorous analytic solutions to top-level Navy training issues
– Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering discipline
– Exercise independent judgment and work autonomously with minimal supervision
– Strong written and oral communication skills, the ability and willingness to multi-task, and capable of professionally addressing client questions and issues
– Experience with Digital Engineering and MBSE.
Responsibilities in this position include, but are not limited to:
– Provides Engineering and Training Analysis supporting SCSTC with a background as an ACNT providing technical and engineering expertise ranging across research and development, Engineering, Analysis, Test Planning, Infrastructure Support, Functional Integration Management (FIM) Support, Training Management, Support, Documentation Support, Training Systems Acquisition and Life-cycle Support and International Programs (IP) Support.
– Provide requirements derivation based upon fleet training needs and decomposition of training curricula in support of virtual and physical environment for a simulation training environments.
– Design studies and evaluations associated with research, development, production, and operations.
– Review, comment, and provide technical advice to the on technical documentation submissions
– Provide the engineering and technical support and advisement regarding problem definition, analysis, requirement development and implementation for software and hardware in the engineering discipline required to meet software and hardware technical requirements.
– Provide assessments and recommendations on system development, improvements, optimization, or support efforts.
– Perform risk assessments and analysis.
– Provide analysis of recommended changes and in determining the impact on system readiness and user functionality.
– Read design documents,evaluate high level interface block diagrams, evaluate commercial equipment and part task trainer emulations
– Support the identification, tracking, and resolution of systems engineering issues related to technical interfaces, technology insertion/design improvements, and other program initiatives.
– Prepare technical presentations, briefings, reports and papers to address program management issues in such venues as technical design reviews, technical review boards, and others.
– Work with applicable Government team leads to facilitate resolution of technical issues. Facilitate timely decisions and review and adjudication of all design products and written correspondence.
– Identify risks and develop mitigation plans for identified cost, schedule, and technical issues.
– Provide technical reports on significant issues and actions.
– Support transition of research and developmental efforts into production, and management of technical activities.
– Support research and development objective utilizing a full understanding of multiple engineering disciplines for topics across software and hardware.
– Provide recommendations for procedures or modifications to procedures to solve complex problems considering software and system capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results.
– Conduct assessments and make recommendations for equipment, testing, and documentation utilizing a full knowledge of all phases of research application, analysis, and programming and research analysis techniques.
– Must be committed to working on-site at the Kitty Hawk Technologies office or government customer facility. Flexible work arrangement may be available as dictated by customer support requirements.
– Some travel may be required for this position to both lab and shipboard environments.