Kitty Hawk Technologies, a growing service and technology innovator, is seeking talented and motivated professionals to deliver lean and effective solutions to our government partners. We have an immediate opening for a Systems Engineer to join our team. This position will provide an opportunity to develop the innovative technology that supports some of our nation’s most important defense initiatives. Kitty Hawk employees work closely with our customers to develop solutions that support national engineering and security missions and the ideal candidate will support our team in providing program support to the Department of Defense (DoD). In addition to receiving a competitive salary and health benefits, the Systems Engineer will join a motivated, talented, and technically accomplished team. The employee will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded.
Candidates must be results oriented and have the ability to work in a well-organized, logical and systematic manner. They will set clear objectives, monitor progress, take corrective action and control performance levels to maintain high internal customer satisfaction. They will possess deep insight into customer requirements and will maintain the ability to ethically influence those requirements. They will be able to clearly define and clearly articulate compelling solutions and will require an ability to quickly assimilate and apply complex technical information.
Kitty Hawk Technologies is currently seeking Sr. Systems Engineers with ten (10) or more years of experience in support of Engineering Services focusing on the accreditation work for simulation systems in the Dahlgren, Virginia area. The Engineer will provide Simulations Systems Verification, Validation and Accreditation program support for AEGIS hardware in the loop wrap around simulations.
Responsibilities in this position include, but are not limited to,
– Provide engineering and technical support and advisement regarding problem definition, analysis, requirement development and implementation for complex systems in the engineering discipline required to meet technical requirements.
– Develop, prepare, and present VV&A documentation according to MIL-STD-3022 format.
– Establish and participate in Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) to develop VV&A strategies, test objectives, and schedules.
– Evaluate requirements, development artifacts, test artifacts, and software products to ensure simulations meet accreditation criteria.
– Experience that demonstrates knowledge of complex simulation systems and the ability to assess combat systems documentation and end user needs with the ability to identify and define simulation requirements.
– Evaluate requirements, development artifacts, test artifacts, and software products
– Provide assessments and recommendations on system development, process improvements, and strategic decisions.
– Prepare technical presentations, briefings, and papers to address accreditation efforts in such venues as technical design reviews, technical review boards, and others.
– Identify risks and develop mitigation plans for identified cost, schedule, and technical issues.
– Prepare and present technical briefs.
- A bachelor's degree in an engineering and at least ten (10) plus years of professional experience, OR A master's degree in an engineering and at least eight (8) years of professional experience
- Ability to obtain and maintain a SECRET DoD clearance is a must - U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Effective oral and written communication skills. Proficient with MS Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must be a quick learner who adapts easily to frequently changing requirements and thrives in an exciting environment.
- Ten (10) years of experience in project management
- Eight (8) years of experience with complex simulation systems and the ability to assess combat systems documentation and end user needs with the ability to identify and define simulation requirements.
- Eight (8) years of experience implementing DoDI 5000.61 Modeling and Simulation(M&S) Verification, Validation & Accreditation (VV&A) processes, utilizing a risk-based accreditation approach.
- Eight (8) years of experience, evaluating requirements, development artifacts, test artifacts, and software products as part of the VV&A of AEGIS hardware in the loop wrap around simulations used to test AEGIS Baselines.
- In-depth knowledge of Naval Surface Warfare programs and architectures
- Eﬀectively contribute on teams developing rigorous analytic solutions to top-level weapon systems issues
- Strong written and oral communication skills, the ability and willingness to multi-task, and capable of professionally addressing client questions and issues
- Experience supporting Navy or DoD Acquisition programs
- Modeling and simulation experience