Kitty Hawk Technologies, a growing service and technology innovator, is seeking talented and motivated professionals to deliver lean and effective solutions to our government partners. We have an contingent opening for a Software Engineer to join our team in Dahlgren, VA. The Sr. Software Engineer will have ten (10) or more years of experience of Software Engineering Support and will provide support for a contingent contract providing software development and technology innovation support for NSWCDD M-department. This includes providing software design, software development, database, network engineering and design, software installation support, modeling and simulation support.
The Senior Software Engineer requires the training, skills and experience necessary to design, develop and maintain complex real-time M&S computer programs. The Senior Software Engineer must have experience in establishing and maintaining software development schedules and monitoring the technical progress of computer program modules toward these schedules. The Senior Software Engineer must have experience in utilizing computer program development tracking tools that capture all new development requirements, tracks computer program defects, and accurately reflects current implementation status of each item.
- Possess or be able to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance
- 10+ years of software development experience
- 4 years of general US Navy combat systems experience
- Experience in modeling & simulation environment utilizing C#, C++, Java, Python, or other high-level languages
- Ability to collaborate with other programmers in a shared code base
- Ability and skills required to analyze requirements, design and development M&S solutions, conduct periodic reviews of design and development artifacts, and support establishment of test methodologies and criteria.
- Degree in computer science, mathematics, applied statistics, various engineering disciplines, or related STEM discipline
- Experience with development in an Agile environment: Scrum or SAFe preferred
- Cyber Security including Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) controls
- Experience with Test Driven Development, Unit Testing, Component Testing, and Test Automation
- Strong problem-solving skills, including the ability to review performance issues, identify root cause, recommend, and develop a solution
- Agile certifications - CSM, PSM, PMI-ACP or equivalent