Kitty Hawk Technologies, a growing service, technology, and manufacturing innovator, is seeking talented and motivated professionals to deliver lean and effective solutions to our government and industry partners. We have an immediate opening for a Senior Modeling and Simulation Engineer to join our team. This position will provide an opportunity to develop the innovative technology that supports some of our nation’s most important defense initiatives. In addition to receiving a competitive salary and health benefits, the Senior Modeling and Simulation Engineer will join a motivated, talented, and technically accomplished team. The employee will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded.
Candidates must be results oriented and have the ability to work in a well-organized, logical and systematic manner. They will set clear objectives, monitor progress, take corrective action and control performance levels to maintain high internal customer satisfaction. They will possess deep insight into customer requirements and will maintain the ability to ethically influence those requirements. They will be able to clearly define and clearly articulate compelling solutions and will require an ability to quickly assimilate and apply complex technical information.
- Provide the customer with programmatic and technical Modeling and Simulation concepts to support Verification and Validation process of several projects and aiding in their accreditation.
- Understand and provide Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) concepts for Systems Engineering tasks.
- Uses Modeling Software to create functional representations of Systems of Systems programs.
- Understanding of the development of MBSE Architecture products.
- Works with industry models to analyze performance of systems and their incorporation into System of Systems.
- Uses an understanding of statistical concepts to assist the customer in performance of in-depth analysis of data derived from models and their simulations.
- A bachelor's degree in an engineering field and at least ten (10) years of professional experience, OR A master's degree in an engineering field and at least seven (7) years of professional experience
- Possession of a SECRET DoD clearance is required at time of hire, with the potential attainment of Top Secret
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- The ability to work with the customer to solve complex programmatic and technical issues.
- Effective oral and written communication skills. Proficient with MS Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must be a quick learner who adapts easily to frequently changing requirements and thrives in an exciting environment.
- Must be motivated and self-starting, with the ability and desire to work independently to evaluate options, concepts, and alternatives in a timely fashion.
- Excellent time management skills and a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Experience in tracking of program and project plans and schedules.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, at a senior level.
- Qualified experience in the drafting and review of all project technical documentation along with reviewing for grammar, spelling, punctuation, and formatting.