Kitty Hawk Technologies, a growing service and technology innovator, is seeking talented and motivated professionals to deliver lean and effective solutions to our government partners. We have an contingent opening for a Software Engineer to join our team in Dahlgren, VA. The Jr. Software Engineer will have two (2) or more years of experience of Software Engineering Support and will provide support for a contingent contract providing software development and technology innovation support for NSWCDD M-department. This includes providing software design, software development, database, network engineering and design, software installation support, modeling and simulation support.
The Junior Software Engineer requires the training and skills necessary to implement defined software development items in accordance with established software development practices. The Junior Software Engineer requires the ability to analyze requirements, design and development M&S solutions, conduct periodic reviews of design and development artifacts, and support establishment of test methodologies and criteria.
- Possess or be able to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance
- 2+ years of software development experience
- Experience with C#, C++, Java, Python, or other high-level languages
- Ability to collaborate with other programmers in a shared code base
- Degree in computer science, mathematics, applied statistics, various engineering disciplines, or related STEM discipline
- Experience with Test Driven Development, Unit Testing, Component Testing, and Test Automation
- Strong problem-solving skills, including the ability to review performance issues, identify root cause, recommend, and develop a solution