Kitty Hawk Technologies, a growing service, technology, and manufacturing innovator, is seeking talented and motivated professionals to deliver lean and effective solutions to the U.S. government and industry partners. We have an immediate opening for a Jr. Mission Engineer. The Jr. Mission Engineer position provides you with the opportunity to develop innovative technology in support of our Nation’s most important defense initiatives.
As part of the Kitty Hawk Team, you will receive competitive salary and health benefits in a flexible work environment. You will join a motivated, talented, and technically accomplished team that stands at the ready to provide the tools and training required for your success. We actively value, recognize and reward the contributions to our Team.
Jr. Mission Engineer Candidates must be results oriented and have the ability to work in a well-organized, logical and systematic manner in a collaborative environment. You will set clear objectives, monitor progress, take corrective action and control performance levels to support high customer satisfaction. You will develop deep insight into the customer’s requirements and be able to ethically influence those requirements. You will be able to clearly define and articulate compelling solutions and will require an ability to quickly assimilate and apply complex technical information.
- Bachelor's of Science degree from an accredited college or university in an engineering, scientific or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications, training, and work/military experience.
- Knowledge of Modeling and Simulation (M&S) concepts
- Experience in SysML modeling language
- Knowledge of Systems Engineering processes and procedures
- Knowledge of Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) concepts and methods
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
- Knowledge of analytical concepts to produce trade space, gap, and requirements analysis
- Knowledge of Live, Virtual, and Constructive M&S environments
- Understanding of System Architecture and the development of Systems of Systems.
- Express system elements and artifacts using model views such as block definition diagrams, internal block diagrams, requirements diagrams, activity diagrams, sequence diagrams, state machine diagrams, use case diagrams
- Experience in data extraction and data reduction practices
- Experience in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Qualified experience in the drafting and review of all project technical documentation along with reviewing for grammar, spelling, punctuation, and formatting
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, at a senior level
- Familiarity with modeling tools such as No Magic CAMEO Systems modeler
- Experience with the DODAF, UPDM, or UAF profile
- Assist in designing and developing MBSE solutions for the transformation of legacy systems
- OMG-Certified Systems Modeling Professional (OCSMP) Certification preferred
- Kitty Hawk Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration - for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.