We are looking for technically skilled candidates with good problem-solving ability for the position of IT technician. The duties of an IT technician include being a reference point for all IT-related queries at the user level, responding to user needs in a timely manner, and ensuring the optimal running of all systems, among other technical duties.
IT technicians are expected to display good interpersonal skills as they will interact with colleagues from various departments and executive levels. They are required to listen to their technical needs, understand their problems, and implement solutions to them.
IT Technician Responsibilities:
- Install and configure user IT equipment and software according to user needs and system requirements.
- Organize and implement IT maintenance tasks with focus on minimal impact to user productivity.
- Provide orientation and guidance to users on operating new software and IT equipment.
- Provide troubleshooting support to users as the primary point of contact for IT error reporting.
- Identify IT equipment shortages and manage required acquisitions.
- Provide equipment and service recommendations for ongoing and forecasted IT needs.
- Collaborate with the Information Security working group on the implementation of cybersecurity policies and practices.
- Manage cybersecurity software to maintain protections at the user level.
- Test and evaluate new software and hardware.
- Ensure electrical safety standards are met for operational IT equipment.
- Conduct daily backup operations.
- Administer company knowledgebase resources, managing folder structure and user access.
- Manage IT technical documentation, including policies, maintenance logs, and schedules.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or related field.
- 2+ years of experience in computer networks and systems maintenance.
- A+ or Cisco Certified Network Associate accreditation advantageous.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in database programming and software installation.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent diagnostic and problem-solving skills.
- Good knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles
- Experience with managing technology under NIST SP 800-171 and US Dept of Defense Cybersecurity control frameworks (CMMC) advantageous
- In-depth understanding of diverse computer systems and networks