Job Type: Full-time
Kitty Hawk Technologies, a growing technology and manufacturing innovator, is seeking talented and motivated professionals to deliver lean and effective solutions to our government and commercial partners. We have an immediate opening for a Contracts Specialist to join our team in Honesdale, PA. This position will consist of work on all program contracts and negotiations to develop the innovative technologies that supports some of our nation’s most important initiatives. This position will support our team in providing services and products to the Department of Defense, the Veterans’ Administration (VA,) NASA, and private industry. In addition to receiving a competitive salary and health benefits, the Contracts Specialist will join a motivated, talented, and technically accomplished team. The employee will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded.
Candidates must be results oriented and have the ability to work in a well-organized, logical and systematic manner. They will set clear objectives, monitor progress, take corrective action and control performance levels to maintain high internal customer satisfaction. Finally, they will be able to clearly define and clearly articulate compelling solutions.
- Administer all sub-contract related processes, to include completion, execution, and submission of contracts, contract modifications, performance and cost reports, and invoices.
- Assist in the development and submission of proposals in response to federal government and prime contractor solicitations.
- Develop and issue various forms of procurement to select subcontractors and administer contract related processes for those subcontractors.
- Assist in Business Development planning and activities
- Determine and implement appropriate service contract processes based on applicable laws, policies and guidelines.
- Develop more efficient means for implementing contract and proposal submission processes and provide guidance and recommendations to ensure processes are standardized.
- Review and execute contracts and contract modifications based on required clauses and contract language negotiations.
- Organize and maintain all required documentation pertaining to such agreements.
- Effectively communicate and coordinate directly with prime contractors to maintain most correct and up-to-date contract documents throughout the contract term,
- Track and compile scheduled performance and cost reports as required by prime contracts and federal regulations.
- Compile and track invoices as required by prime contracts.
- Enter and maintain data, as well as provide recommendations for improvement, for ERP accounting system as they relate to contracts, modifications, invoicing and reporting.
- Enter and track all solicitation information, invoice and financial data, status and cost reports, and other pertinent contract information in various databases and spreadsheets
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Thorough knowledge of government accounting and contracting policies and procedures.
- Experience in service and manufacturing contracting and subcontracting.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software - Deltek experience preferred.
- Ability to develop strategies to achieve organizational goals.
- Experience with Veterans Administration contracting a plus.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.